My Best Series for Learning English

AVATAR

When I was little I watched movies and series in Turkish dubbed, but I started watching Turkish subtitles in secondary school. I'm more interested in watching English subtitles in high school and now I don't need subtitles.
What I mean here is to watch something with subtitles and then without subtitles, which will greatly contribute to your grammar.

Avatar: The Last Airbender series is one of the perfect examples for this. It is easier to understand the conversations since such series are aimed at children rather than adults.







HARRY POTTER

If you love reading and want to use it to help you learn a foreign language, I strongly recommend you to read the books of Harry Potter. 
Why I recommend this? Because it starts easy and gets harder :) The first book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone is very straightforward and is aimed at children who are about 10 or 11 years old, but unlike most children’s series, it doesn’t stay that way. By the time you get to the seventh and final book, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, the thematic material is far darker, and the language itself is much more mature – this is a book for young adults, not children. The books were written for the readers to grow with them and so the gradual increase in complexity of language works very nicely for language learners who are gradually developing their skills. 

Besides, I recommend you to watch the series. Either way, Harry Potter has an excellent vocabulary source and will be of great help.




No comments:

Post a Comment

P R E P O S I T I O N S - M I N I  Q U I Z ! Today, we are going to guess which prepositions are used in the films. Let's start! 1) ...