Do you mind? / Not at all.

Do you mind?




In this video, you can see Ron approaching Harry with a gentle tone. Because they just met. He just said "Do you mind...", and he means that "Do you mind if I sit there?" So, this pattern is used when you ask someone to do something. For example,

*Do you mind closing the door?
or
*Do you mind if I use your computer?

There is a different pattern that has the same meaning. For example,

*Would you mind if I used your phone?

WARNING!
Do you mind → Present Simple
Would you mind → Past Simple


🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺


Not at all

We use as a polite reply when someone has thanked you for something. "Not at all!"

Also, we use for emphasizing negative statements. For example,
*Mary had not at all mentioned her new car.

2 comments:

P R E P O S I T I O N S - M I N I  Q U I Z ! Today, we are going to guess which prepositions are used in the films. Let's start! 1) ...